Personally, I think you should sign up for this O’Reilly webcast based solely on the people who’ll be leading it — Steve Souders, Mark Zeman, and Buddy Brewer — but if you need more convincing, keep reading.
Is there such thing as too much data?
It’s sacrilege to even ask, I know. Data is exciting. In theory, we all love it. But in our day-to-day working lives, all those mountains of numbers can be overwhelming. We spend so much time just trying to corral the stuff that we run out of time to work on truly understanding it, much less making it actionable.
To answer my own question, I don’t believe there’s too much data. But I do believe we need to better cultivate our ability to ask our data the right questions. That’s where this webinar comes in.
What you can expect to learn
Individually, Steve, Mark, and Buddy each have a wealth of experience in performance, measurement, and analysis. Together, their collective wisdom is a powerhouse. Steve has pioneered much of the work in the world of web performance. Mark has done incredible work in making data more meaningful through creative visualizations. And Buddy has worked in the real user measurement space since long before it was cool.
Their webcast will answer these questions (and more):
- Every site is different, and people bring different expectations to each site they visit. How do you find out what performance expectations your users have of your unique site?
- How do you balance the need to provide rich content with the need to meet users’ performance expectations?
- How do you determine project principles and performance budgets based on all of the above?
- How do you relate performance metrics to meaningful user outcomes?
- What metrics should you care about and share with the wider organization?
- And how do you use all this data to decide what to fix?
See you there!
I’ll definitely be attending. Hope to see you there!
About the Author
Tammy has spent the past two decades obsessed with the many factors that go into creating the best possible user experience. As senior researcher and evangelist at SOASTA, she explores the intersection between web performance, UX, and business metrics. Tammy is a frequent speaker at events including IRCE, Shop.org Summit, Velocity, and Smashing Conference. She is the author of 'Time Is Money: The Business Value of Web Performance' (O'Reilly, 2016).