(as of June 8, 2012)
SOASTA, Inc. (“SOASTA”) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. To that end, we have prepared this privacy statement to disclose and describe our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site. The terms “SOASTA,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to SOASTA, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates. The term “Site” refers to the Web site(s) of SOASTA. The terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to the customer/purchaser utilizing our Site.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is any information which can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, or occupation. To participate in certain activities and to obtain certain services or documents offered on this Site, individuals are asked to provide varying amounts of personal information. In some cases, some personal information is mandatory to use certain features available through the Site, while other information might be discretionary. Activities or services that require provision of personal information generally seek full name, email address, company and country. We endeavor to limit our requests for personal information to information we believe is minimally necessary to achieve our collection purposes as stated below. Any personal information received in communication or in material an individual transmits to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise are, and will be treated as, confidential and proprietary.
Some of the pages on our Site may contain “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file that may be sent to your Web browser and stored on your computer. This allows our server to “recognize” you when your computer visits our Site in the future. Most Web browsers can be configured to not accept cookies, or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you.
SOASTA uses personal information for several general purposes:
- to contact you for feedback about a SOASTA product,
- to conduct research about SOASTA or our products, to fulfill your purchase requests, or
- to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes.
We may also share such information with our advertisers, business partners or other affiliates with your approval, as described under the discussion entitled “Your Consent” below.
In some instances, SOASTA may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies. We use non-personal information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy, to determine how you found out about us, what your interests are regarding our products, and how to further improve our site and our service to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SOASTA will not sell or rent your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so, as described under the discussion entitled “Your Consent” below. Your personal information is never shared outside SOASTA without your permission, except that SOASTA may send your personal information to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances:
- when we have your consent to share the information;
- if sharing the information is necessary to provide a product or service that you have requested (if your information is shared with third parties we will only provide the information reasonably needed to deliver the service, and ask that such companies do not use your information for any other purpose);
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications).
In addition SOASTA may disclose your personal information as follows:
- SOASTA will disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, to protect personal safety, the public, or our Site.
- SOASTA may disclose your personal information in connection with a sale or merger with another entity or if SOASTA should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to another entity.
- SOASTA may also share non-personal information with third-parties.
SOASTA, Inc. is committed to protecting personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. SOASTA, Inc. takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us.
The Site may contain links to other sites. SOASTA is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the SOASTA Site to read the privacy statements of each Web site that collects personal information.
Contacting SOASTA, Inc.
If you at any time would like to update or change the personal information provided to SOASTA, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Date of Policy