(as of December 24, 2014)
SOASTA, Inc. (“SOASTA”) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. To that end, we have prepared this privacy statement to disclose and describe our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site. The terms “SOASTA,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to SOASTA, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates. The term “Site” refers to the Web site(s) of SOASTA. The terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to the customer/purchaser utilizing our Site.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is any information which can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, or occupation. To participate in certain activities and to obtain certain services or documents offered on this Site, individuals are asked to provide varying amounts of personal information. In some cases, some personal information is mandatory to use certain features available through the Site, while other information might be discretionary. Activities or services that require provision of personal information generally seek full name, email address, company and country. We endeavor to limit our requests for personal information to information we believe is minimally necessary to achieve our collection purposes as stated below. Any personal information received in communication or in material an individual transmits to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise are, and will be treated as, confidential and proprietary.
Some of the pages on our Site may contain “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file that may be sent to your Web browser and stored on your computer. This allows our server to “recognize” you when your computer visits our Site in the future. Most Web browsers can be configured to not accept cookies, or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you.
SOASTA uses personal information for several general purposes:
- to contact you for feedback about a SOASTA product,
- to conduct research about SOASTA or our products, to fulfill your purchase requests, or
- to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes.
We may also share such information with our advertisers, business partners or other affiliates with your approval, as described under the discussion entitled “Your Consent” below.
In some instances, SOASTA may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies. We use non-personal information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy, to determine how you found out about us, what your interests are regarding our products, and how to further improve our site and our service to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SOASTA will not sell or rent your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so, as described under the discussion entitled “Your Consent” below. Your personal information is never shared outside SOASTA without your permission, except that SOASTA may send your personal information to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances:
- when we have your consent to share the information;
- if sharing the information is necessary to provide a product or service that you have requested (if your information is shared with third parties we will only provide the information reasonably needed to deliver the service, and ask that such companies do not use your information for any other purpose);
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications).
In addition SOASTA may disclose your personal information as follows:
- SOASTA will disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, to protect personal safety, the public, or our Site.
- SOASTA may disclose your personal information in connection with a sale or merger with another entity or if SOASTA should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to another entity.
- SOASTA may also share non-personal information with third-parties.
SOASTA, Inc. is committed to protecting personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. SOASTA, Inc. takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us.
The Site may contain links to other sites. SOASTA is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the SOASTA Site to read the privacy statements of each Web site that collects personal information.
The following SOASTA word trademarks and service marks (“SOASTA trademarks”) are registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and/or in other countries. To the extent a name or logo does not appear on this list does not constitute a waiver of any and all intellectual property rights that SOASTA has established in any of its products, feature, or service names or logos.
The following SOASTA trademarks may be the subject of pending United States trademark applications and/or pending trademark applications in other countries:
The trademarks and services marks must be used in accordance with the Guidelines for SOASTA trademarks. Proper use of SOASTA trademarks reinforces their role as brands for our products and services. SOASTA trademarks are valuable assets that we need to protect. Please help us by properly using and crediting SOASTA trademarks by following these guidelines.
- SOASTA’s ownership of any SOASTA trademark used should be called out in a legal notice. An acceptable form of notice includes “CloudTest, TouchTest, and SOASTA CloudTest are trademarks of SOASTA, Inc., and registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and/or in other countries.”
- SOASTA’s trademarks must be used with a trademark symbol (i.e., ® or ™) that must appear immediately to the right of the trademark, not after a space or version indicator. The appropriate trademark symbol and positioning of the trademark symbol for each trademark is shown in the chart below. Set the mark aside from surrounding text by emphasizing it, e.g., by capitalizing the letters or using a different font.
- Do not use SOASTA trademarks or potentially confusing variations in your Internet domain name. This helps protect against Internet user confusion over whether SOASTA is the source of the website.
- SOASTA’s word trademarks must always be used as adjectives. They should never be used in the possessive or plural form (i.e., CloudTests, CloudTesting). They should be introduced as a proper adjective followed by an appropriate descriptor. The table below provides exemplary nouns to use with various SOASTA word trademarks and exemplary usage of such word trademarks.
- The spelling and capitalization used for SOASTA’s word trademarks must conform to the table below. Do not abbreviate any SOASTA trademarks.
Contacting SOASTA, Inc.
If you at any time would like to update or change the personal information provided to SOASTA, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of Policy