CEO Tom Lounibos to present at Cloud Expo in New York
CLOUD EXPO – NEW YORK, NY – June 10, 2014 – SOASTA, the leader in cloud and mobile testing, today announced the results of its Cloud Computing Survey. SOASTA commissioned Harris Poll to conduct this online survey of 2,051 adults to discover the prevalence of cloud computing in everyday life. The results show that 39 percent of all Americans use the cloud and of those, 86 percent say the cloud has improved the lives of Americans who work.
When it came to using the cloud, SOASTA discovered the following:
• The highest percentage of Americans who use the cloud live in the South (44 percent); the lowest use was in the Midwest (29 percent)
• Millennials (18-34) used the cloud the most (54 percent) out of any age group
• Households with children were more likely to use the cloud over households with no children (52 percent to 33 percent)
• Individuals who made $75,000 – $99,999 a year (53 percent) were most likely to use the cloud, followed by those who made $100,000 or more (46 percent) a year; those who made less than $50,000 (31 percent) were least likely to use the cloud
• Students were most likely to use the cloud (55 percent) followed by the employed (44 percent), and then the unemployed (33 percent); retired Americans were the least likely to use the cloud (24 percent)
When cloud-using Americans were asked how the cloud improved their lives, the top answers were:
• Making sharing files easier – 41 percent
• Peace of mind – not having to worry about backing up their data – 41 percent
• Share photos with family and friends – 40 percent
• Accessing music wherever – 37 percent
• More security – they don’t have to store sensitive info on their phone – 22 percent
• Makes their job easier (e.g., organization, keep track of things) – 18 percent
• They can get a cheaper smartphone (e.g., iPhone, Android, Blackberry) without paying extra money for more memory – 17 percent
• Helps them collaborate with their coworkers 14 percent
“SOASTA was an early cloud computing pioneer with our cloud testing approach. Now our latest research shows that the cloud is increasingly recognized as a vital, everyday technology used by consumers to make their lives easier,” said Tom Lounibos, CEO of SOASTA. “Thirty-nine percent of Americans now use the cloud in some way, and that number will only grow in the next few years. SOASTA has helped run billions of tests for companies to test the strength of their sites and apps to ensure a high quality experience for the end user.”
At this year’s Cloud Expo, Lounibos will be presenting on “High Tempo, High Consequences” on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 from 3:10 – 3:55pm EDT at the Javits Center in New York. Lounibos’ talk will explore the benefits and occasional unintended consequences for organizations implementing a high tempo culture of collaboration between development and operations to accelerate software delivery. He’ll discuss how cloud computing has enabled DevOps, and attendees will also learn what they need to focus on to mitigate the consequences of failure as they transition to a high tempo DevOps culture. To learn more, visit the Cloud Expo website.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Poll on behalf of SOASTA from May 28-30, 2014 among 2,051 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact William McCormick at firstname.lastname@example.org
SOASTA is the leader in cloud testing. Its web and mobile test automation and monitoring solutions, CloudTest, TouchTest and mPulse, enable developers, QA professionals and IT operations teams to test and monitor users with unprecedented speed, scale, precision and visibility. The innovative product set streamlines test creation, automates provisioning and execution, and analyzes real user behavior in real-time to deliver actionable intelligence, faster. With SOASTA, companies have confidence that their applications will perform as designed, delivering quality user experiences every time. SOASTA’s customers are many of today’s most successful brands including Avaya, American Girl, Bonobos, Backcountry.com, Chegg, Experian, Gilt Groupe, Hallmark, Intuit, Microsoft and Netflix. SOASTA is privately held and headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. For more information about SOASTA, please visit http://www.soasta.com.
SOASTA is a registered trademark of SOASTA, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.