SOASTA’s CloudTest is used by hundreds of companies to assure web and mobile users are delivered the best experience under the most extreme traffic demands. See why IDC named SOASTA the Cloud Testing Leader and learn critical tips for optimizing the performance of your sites.
Dan Bartow is a renowned speaker, large-scale Performance Engineer and SOASTA’s CloudTest product leader. With a resume that includes testing the largest sites on the planet, including those for Intuit, Target, Walmart and others, Dan will share valuable CloudTest tips and techniques. He’ll show how to:
- Include mobile traffic and real devices in your tests
- Distribute geographic load using the cloud
- Run performance tests in live production
- Control live tests with Dynamic Ramp and other new features
- Plug into HP Quality Center for test management
- View real-time performance metrics from mobile devices to back-end services
- Explore options from free usage to turnkey services
Don’t miss this important how-to webinar and be ready for anything with Cloud Testing!
Whether you are a developer or seasoned tester, CloudTest Lite is the fast, free, yet powerful solution enabling testing from an early stage build process throughout the development cycle, even into production.
During this webinar, one of SOASTA’s expert CloudTest Engineers will provide techniques for effectively and efficiently using CloudTest Lite for load testing.
1. Quickly building tests with CloudTest’s visual test environment
2. Executing tests up to 100 simultaneous users
3. Analyzing tests with real-time analytics for actionable intelligence
Learn how to create mobile load traffic by recording with real mobile devices
Whether you are a seasoned developer or newbie tester, the TouchTest capabilities included with your free CloudTest Lite download offer the only mobile functional test automation that works with incredible precision, on real devices, for always-available mobile app testing.
Join this webinar and learn the basics to run your first TouchTest.
1. Making your mobile app testable
2. Capture, compose & edit tests that include precision gestures
3. Setting validations on text, image, partial image and other critical app elements
4. Test execution, device performance measurement & reporting
Running tests on multiple devices in a TouchTest Mobile Lab
Jenkins core architect, Kohsuke Kawaguchi asserts, “Continuous Integration is synonymous with automation.” CI for mobile poses a challenge because to accurately test a mobile app, it must be installed and run on real mobile devices, a formerly manual process.
Built with Kohsuke’s guidance and enhancements, SOASTA’s new Jenkins plugin eliminates all manual tasks around mobile CI using actual mobile devices. In this webinar, CloudBees’ Mark Prichard and SOASTA’s Mike Ostenberg will demonstrate setting up 100% hands-free mobile CI.
- Build automated tests with TouchTest that capture and replay complex gestures and mobile actions
- Set up the automated build process using CloudBees DEV@Cloud (Jenkins as a Service) to make apps testable as part of the build
- Wake up remote mobile devices
- Automatically push out testable apps to real device labs located anywhere
- Execute realistic automated test cases on a variety of devices in the lab
- Reboot devices to assure valid results on subsequent runs
- Review and analyze results anywhere directly in Jenkins in the cloud
Paul Korenevsky and Craig Combs are battle-scarred veterans in the fight to preserve user experience and online retailer revenue. Paul is Akamai’s load testing Subject Matter Expert (SME) for major clients and Craig, a CloudTest Black Belt, has run Performance Engineering engagements at major retailers like Target, Sears, Best Buy and JCPenny.
They’re taking a rare pause to share their experiences with you, live! Paul and Craig will equip you with real-world tips & advice from the trenches!
· What are the two primary goals for seasonal testing?
· Which critical user-scenarios should be tested first?
· How do you create realistic conditions for distributed users?
· When should you stress your Content Delivery Network?
· Should you be hammering on live production systems?
SOASTA’s CloudTest platform is an Akamai-approved solution for testing retail sites for the eminent and ever increasing crush of holiday traffic. With capabilities that distribute the load across the globe using cloud infrastructure as well as instantaneous visibility into every aspect of performance during load tests, CloudTest is the performance warrior’s weapon of choice.
With real-world advice from battle-trained experts, this webinar is just in time for your seasonal planning!
Whether you are a seasoned developer or newbie tester, the TouchTest capabilities included with your free CloudTest Lite download offers the only mobile functional test automation that works with incredible precision, on real devices, for always-available mobile app testing.
Join this webinar and learn the basics to run your first TouchTest.
- Making your mobile app testable
- Capture, compose & edit tests that include precision gestures
- Setting validations on text, image, partial image and other critical app elements
- Test execution, device performance measurement & reporting
Setting up a local device lab for continuous testing
94% of companies today lack fundamental capabilities to validate end user success with mobile apps. Major gaps in mobile testing skills and tools have both surfaced the need for change and driven exciting innovation and opportunity.
This SOASTA webinar explores how test and development managers can take advantage of the mobile transformation to build world-class solutions that bridge testing gaps, compress delivery cycles and optimize app quality.
Industry veterans and SOASTA experts Fred Beringer and Jason Slater will explore:
- The business impact of poor mobile quality
- Areas to focus on quality processes for the greatest impact
- The latest updates to SOASTA’s mobile platform
- Heads Up Display to further accelerate test development
- Validating what matters, from performance to partial images
- Test automation that withstands operating system & device updates
- Collecting real mobile user intelligence to complete the cycle
The mobile quality gaps won’t close without action. Join us!
During this webinar, now on demand, you can see the SOASTA product team demonstrating techniques for effectively and efficiently using CloudTest Lite.
- Quickly building tests with visual test creation tools
- Building, composing, running and analyzing web performance test of any complexity
- Scaling tests up to 100 simultaneous users
- Testing using the latest technologies: HTML5, AJAX, Silverlight, Flash, SOAP and REST web services
- Analyzing tests in real-time through interactive, integrated dashboards
- Building stable functional tests that plug seamlessly into Continuous Integration frameworks
- Experiencing the power of Selenium, without coding
- Running hybrid functional and performance tests for end-to-end views
2013 is the year of mobile. Yet the pressure to be fast in mobile development puts app quality at risk. When bad reviews spell the end of your app, or your company, this is risk you can’t afford.
Gartner Visionaries SOASTA and Appcelerator are leading the way enabling enterprise IT to deliver the highly rated apps that propel growth and competitiveness in this new year and beyond.
Join mobile dev and test experts to see the leading mobile technologies unified to accelerate the delivery of mobile apps that withstand all the extreme demands of today’s users.
You’ll see how Appcelerator and SOASTA together help:
- Build cross-platform mobile applications from a single code base
- Create compelling user experiences with cloud services
- Validate mobile app functionality on real, unaltered devices
- Assure mobile performance at any scale with cloud-based testing
Welcome in 2013 with a new strategy to deliver the highest quality mobile apps, faster than you may have thought possible.
- Tal Broda, SVP Engineering, SOASTA
- Steven Feloney, Director of Product Management, Appcelerator
On every CIO’s Top 10 List this year mobile computing dominated IT planning. And of course 2013’s mobile testing plans should be well underway by now. SOASTA’s platform with CloudTest, TouchTest and mPulse ensures your mobile delivery – all the way from Development through Production.
Join us for this now on-demand webinar as the SOASTA team discusses and demonstrates automation in the mobile testing process and how to build your complete Mobile Testing Factory for 2013.
The Factory Floor has:
- Continuous integration for hands-free mobile testing
- Mobile device labs with real, un-jailbroken devices
- Integrated functional and performance tests for realistic validations
- Load testing for mobile traffic with global scale and device-level user experience
- The next generation of real mobile user measurement to drive dev and test
You’ll leave this webinar with new ideas and a course of action to make your holidays happy and to put your 2013 plans in flight!
Mike Ostenberg is Sr. Performance Engineer & Solution Architect at SOASTA. His expertise includes SaaS, application performance testing, application lifecycle management, application monitoring, web services and web technologies. Prior to joining SOASTA Mike spent more than a decade working for HP.
Brad Johnson is VP of Product and Channel Marketing at SOASTA. Joining SOASTA’s CloudTest pioneers in early 2009, his former roles as head of monitoring and test products at Compuware, Mercury Interactive and Borland prepared him well to disrupt the skeptical and established software testing market with updated approaches and technologies for web and mobile testing.
Mobile Application Engineering and QA Executive, managers and leads investigating and implementing mobile testing tools to meet their need for mobile software development.
Automation is not an option for mobile development, it’s a requirement. Delivery deadlines come faster, yet test matrices get deeper. Teams must cover different use-cases, devices, mobile operating systems and browsers, so determining what to automate first is the challenge.
Atlassian, Zephyr and SOASTA are at the leading edge of process compression – optimizing and automating SDLC tasks. Whether automating builds, streamlining the feedback loop between Dev and Test, or accelerating test automation and performance testing, you can start saving time TODAY.
Join us in this webinar, now on-demand, and learn:
- Where to connect continuous build processes with mobile functional and performance testing
- When to apply integrated issue tracking and test management for mobile development
- How to determine which mobile test cases to automate first
- The leading approach to mobile test automation for iOS and Android
You’ll leave this webinar with ideas for simple improvements you can make before the new year to kick your mobile testing efforts into high gear for 2013.
RUM experts share their perspectives!
On the heels of SOASTA’s acquisition of LogNormal and mPulse product announcement at Velocity in London, we introduced our team and hosted a discussion with the experts on real user measurement.
While RUM offerings have driven a lot of buzz lately, this preferred method of measurement for web — and now mobile — performance got its start early in this decade’s performance movement. Join us for a round table discussion on the importance that RUM has played and continues to play for development, test, operations and marketing professionals.
This panel , now available on demand, was moderated by Cliff Crocker, SOASTA VP of Product Management.
- Buddy Brewer – Former CEO of LogNormal, now SOASTA VP of Engineering
- Philip Tellis – Former CIO of LogNormal, now SOASTA Chief Architect
- Aaron Kulick – Founder of the SF WebPerf group and current guerrilla engineer on the Big Fast Data team @WalmartLabs
Catch this lively discussion on replay.
Testing in Production (TiP) has moved from taboo to accepted practice owing to its ability to measure reality and provide actionable feedback. These risks can be mitigated by using proven methodologies, methodologies borne of experience and tools built specifically to handle TiP’s unique requirements.
Big Data enables TIP by analyzing user behavior then creating realistic tests. During testing, cloud-based resources are used for the huge data volumes and processed within-memory technology specifically designed for this process
Microsoft’s Seth Eliot is a TiP pioneer and SOASTA’s Rob Holcomb has helped evolve the practice with hundreds of SOASTA customers. Catch this webinar, now on-demand, as they dig into:
- How to leverage both active and passive monitoring for TiP
- Testing and measuring system stress in production
- Experimentation and iterative improvement
- How SOASTA CloudTest facilitates TiP for organizations of all sizes
As Walmart.com’s former head of Performance and Reliability, Cliff Crocker knows large scale web performance. Now SOASTA’s VP of Product Management, Cliff is pouring his passion and expertise into cloud testing to solve the biggest challenges in mobile and web performance.
The holiday rush of mobile and web traffic to your web site has the potential for unprecedented success or spectacular public failure. The world’s leading retailers have turned to the cloud to assure that no matter what load, mobile and web apps will delight customers and protect revenue.
Catch this webinar on-demand as Cliff explores the key criteria for holiday web performance readiness:
- Closing the gap in front- and back-end web performance and reliability
- Collecting real user data to define the most realistic test scenarios
- Preparing properly for the virtual walls of traffic during peak events
- Leveraging CloudTest, as have 6 of 10 leading retailers
Where to start? What to test? When to automate? For mobile apps, you need to address these classic test questions in addition to some new, challenging ones: Which locations? Which devices? At what frequency? Which mobile operating systems? Which test tools? Embrace this new complexity and empower yourself and your team with the tips and approaches refined by seasoned testing leaders.
Julian Harty, mobile app author and speaker, has literally written the book on mobile app testing! Since 2006 he’s worked actively in the field at both eBay and Google and advised many industry leading companies on ways to test their mobile apps more effectively and efficiently. Fred Beringer ran global testing teams at Experian and IBM and now heads product management for SOASTA’s CloudTest mobile testing platform, covering functional automation and performance. Together, Julian and Fred explored and demonstrated:
- Prioritizing the types and frequency of mobile tests
- Choosing the devices and networks for best coverage
- Designing and coding for testability
- Testing functionality and introducing test automation for real devices
- Performance testing mobile apps for real scale and remote distribution
Mobile app testing offers an incredible opportunity and advancement. Listen to this webinar, now on-demand, and and walk away with critical knowledge to help you conquer this exciting, new and fast-growing area of software testing!
Dillard’s earned its position as the 6th largest US retailer by delivering impeccable customer satisfaction and consumer confidence under all circumstances. To ensure that its web site continued to meet the rigorous customer experience requirements for performance and scalability, the retailer turned to SOASTA and cloud testing – and the results are being measured by the numbers of its happy customers.
Join Nancy Jordan, Dillard’s IT Middleware & Integration Manager and Rob Holcomb, SOASTA’s VP of Performance Engineering, for the full Dillard’s story and a demonstration of SOASTA CloudTest. Nancy and Rob will share:
- The challenges Dillard’s faced in preparing for unknown scale
- The opportunities offered by cloud testing vs. traditional testing approaches
- The value of external load testing on prodution systems
- The benefits realized through cloud testing
- How the SOASTA team leveraged CloudTest to deliver for Dillard’s
- A demonstration of the CloudTest platform
This presentation, now available on demand, is a must-see for any web team preparing for unknown or large-scale traffic surges, particularly for seasonal or holiday readiness. Learn first-hand how this leading retailer has relied on CloudTest to maintain world-class web consumer confidence.
The SOASTA senior technical and management team announced the availability of TouchTest and demonstrated the now-available mobile capabilities including:
- Precision capture and playback of all continuous touch gestures including pan, pinch, zoom, and scroll on iPhones, iPads, iPods and Android mobile devices
- Touch-based UI testing from inside the app replacing brittle optical recognition approaches, enabling validations based on variable values and internal app state changes
- Control of test devices via IP address eliminating the need for tethering, jailbreaking, or contracting with expensive third-party services
Register to watch the webinar on demand.
Dan Bartow, SOASTA VP of Product Management and expert Performance Engineer and Nic Benders, Sr. Engineer at New Relic, showed how to use CloudTest and New Relic together to:
- Plan tests to include realistic behavior, ramp and scale of mobile and web users
- Record tests of real user scenarios and connect to build systems and common development platforms
- Collect critical performance metrics during test execution
- Move from test environments to live production monitoring
- Loop real user performance data and statistics back into the testing cycle
Register to watch the webinar on demand.
In this webinar, Virginia Reynolds, Avaya’s Sr. Director of Global IT QA and Tes,t and Dan Bartow, SOASTA’s VP Product Management, addressed:
- What made Avaya’s first project a prime target for cloud testing
- Why Avaya changed from internal tools and approaches already in place
- What about all the “myths” of the cloud
- Who needed to be involved, and when
- How Avaya got started and what were their results
- Where this will all lead
Replay this webinar to hear Virginia and Dan discuss the CloudTest examples from Avaya and learn how cloud testing has quickly become a core requirement for web and mobile testing projects for companies everywhere.